WHO WE are
BRIEF HISTORY OF ASSOCIATION
Oum ifiss is an association for social development and the environment created in 1997 in Dowar Oum Ifiss community Lagssabi Tagoust province Guelmim.
The Reasons of the creation:
The rural exod which exceeded 60% because of :
- The drought that affected all the area and the absence of the infrastructure .
- The absence of civil societies which can contribute to the development of the rural world despite the availability of competent people.
The creation of an effective local civil society which can contribute in various ways to ensure stability and well-being in the countryside.
- Oasis irrigation by modern techniques.
- Plant trees that can adapt to the Saharan climate (prickly pear, carob, fig, pomegranates, quince …).
- Create an industrial area to enhance local products, and have income-generating activities.
- Train and motivate young people to create solidarity cooperation.
- Improving schooling in rural areas (support courses, school activities).
- Advocacy in general for the rural world and the environment.